Friday, November 4, 2011

Confession Number 1

Okay. So those of you who know me well understand that I thoroughly enjoy my specific T.V. shows. Namely:
*Psych
*Say Yes to the Dress
*Dear Genevieve
So this morning, I made a realization about Dear Genevieve. For those of you who don't understand her goodness, Genevieve is an awesome interior designer (random TRUE fact: she has voiced several Spongebob episodes. AWESOME!!) that lives in New York, who renovates rooms into spectacular places that make me ridiculously jealous.
Now for the confession part: I don't watch it because of the transformation of the rooms, the pretty colors, or because I think Genevieve is awesome (even though these are true...). I realized my favorite part of the show would be watching the families. 80% of the time, the wife is some snobby trophy wife that just wants to be on tv, another 15% of the time is dedicated to some families who just can't agree on CRAP, but the last 5%, they are something. In movies, you see these romantic love stories where Mr. Darcy exists as this amazing creature, but in reality, divorce rates are higher than ever. Families fall apart because of economic troubles, stress, etc. The 5% of the show that makes it REALLY worth watching are real, human being that actually exist beyond the movie set. It's hard to explain, but you can just see that the couple loves each other, that it's real. I'm not a crazy-romantic, but it makes me melt a little to watch these people, that just love each other. It gives me hope that I'm not just destined for failure, but that happiness exists outside of the movies. YAYY!!!
Well, that's my confession for the day, Peace out!
And check it out. Real people rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment