Thursday, February 9, 2012

DISNEYWORLD!!!

Okay. So I applied for a Disney Internship, which I was super excited for, and hoping I could have a Lifeguard position at Disneyworld. I beat a lot of my friends in that I was offered a telephone interview. It went well... And I got in.

So, I was RIDICULOUSLY excited at first. Screaming and everything. But then I found out the bad part. It only pays 7.67 an hour. And they charge rent. And I have to pay for the plane ticket. So ya. Then I freaked out. My boss at Roaring Springs called me a few weeks ago asking if I was still interested in a promotion, even though I didn't even apply. I would get paid at least 8 an hour. So, after much thought, I figured I have three choices, and am currently weighing the pros and cons.

First. Disneyworld. Pros: It's frickin Disneyworld. I would live in a controlled dorm, which means no drinking. GOOD. I could go in free everyday. I would get a great tan. It's an experience of a lifetime. HOT BOYS! I could bring some people in for free (under the circumstances  that my family would even want to travel.) Having this on my resume would be INCREDIBLE. Med school would be easy to get into. Cons: Plane ticket. Cheapest I could find was from Seattle to Orlando for 403. Not bad. But out of MY wallet. AWFUL pay. No family or friends on my vacation (I guess I will make some, but still). I would come out with barely more money than I got there with, considering I have to pay rent, tithing, taxes, food, plane ticket, and obviously, fun stuff.

Second. Nampa. I would get home in late July, work at Roaring Springs overtime until mid September. Then I would get my old job at Hastings for the rest of the off term. Pros: I would be with my family. I could take some classes online, and get ahead. I would be making BANK. I would be able to save for whatever, either my own car, or my dream trip to France. BYUI is working on getting a study abroad in France, and I want to go SOOO bad. The bad thing about that is that it is not set in stone yet. Cons: I get pretty bored. None of my friends will be home. I won't get tan. I have no car. No experience of a lifetime. Hastings gives crappy hours, from 5 to 15 hours a week. NOT ENOUGH.. No guaranteed trip before being married.

Third. Nampa + Portland. I would go home, stay until Roaring Springs was over, then go to Portland to work. Their minimum wage is much higher, and I would stay with Maria or the Moores. Pros: I would be with Court and Brooke. Make bank and get tan in Roaring springs, and work at somewhere in Portland with much higher wages and hours, considering that I could work hours not a lot of people my age can do from September through December. I could probably do online classes in Portland too. Cons: No definite job there, which shouldn't be difficult to get. I wouldn't see my friends when they were home. Not too bad of an option.

I don't know. I don't need money. But it's a money vs. experience. ADVICE?

2 comments:

  1. You have a blog! I am following. :)
    I think you're doing what you should: pros/cons, THINK about it, talk to people...
    Try and imagine yourself 5 years from now, where you see yourself, and how these decisions could affect that... picking between three good things is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! And I love reading your blog. Personally, I think you should party in Nampa :) Way to go making your decision, btw. Whatever you further choose, you have my support!

    ReplyDelete