Tuesday, January 8, 2013

And the worst blogger of 2012 goes to...

Me.

I was pretty busy in Portland. I worked 40 hour weeks, and ran lots of errands and did other stuff that won't really excuse me from taking forever to blog. Oh well.

The sad part of it is that I'm blogging when I should be reading about the eye... It is just SOOO BORING! So many layers of mucous and other disgusting stuff. However, I did learn that the purpose of eyebrows is to stop sweat from dripping from your forehead into your eye. I guess you learn something everyday!

So, for those who I don't talk to pretty regularly, I am back in Rexburg studying my heart out... Kinda. Actually, I've been pretty good these two days about reading and homework. For those who care, this is what I'm taking this semester:

  • Anatomy and Physiology 2 (MWF 7:45-8:45 am): that is really early. But the teacher is pretty cool, and seems to really like people. Sometimes I think teachers just don't like anyone, but he seems to care, which is nice to have for such a fast paced class. I've already studied at least five hours for this class this week... and it's Tuesday. 
  • Clothing Construction (TTr 8:00-9:30 am): Also early. But it seems like it will be fairly easy... I hope. We will have to make a pillowcase, pajama pants, a shirt, and a skirt from patterns. So exciting. 
  • Epidemiology (TTr 3:15-4:45 pm): I'm definitely excited for this one. It has to do with patterns and the way diseases attack you. The teacher is pretty funny, and works as an Epidemiologist for the govt. I learned that 100,000 people are killed from receiving the wrong treatment from doctors. Not from the disease that they had, but from being misdiagnosed. So I guess we should just get rid of all of the doctors to prevent bad things from happening. (That was my jab gun laws...)
  • Family Foundations (F 9:00-10:00 am): This is a hybrid class, so it is mostly online with one class discussion a week... I haven't gone to it yet, but I have high hopes.
  • World Foundations (Online): I'm actually pretty excited for this one, even though I HAVE to take it and it has nothing to do with what I am studying. It has to do with ancient Greek, Roman, and Egyptian cultures. And for those who didn't know this about me, I actually really enjoy studying Greek mythology. (Romans are just copy cats). 
  • Understanding DNA (Online): This sounds okay. I don't really know what I think about it yet.
So that's my life. Studying the body, sewing, diseases, family, ancient cultures, and DNA. With a little Pinterest on the side.

Oh! And I made a New Year's Resolution of running... I won't say exactly what it is in case I miserably fail, but I did go running and cycling today. Needless to say, I'm exhausted.

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to catch up. Hopefully, I will be better this year. Maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment