Thursday, January 24, 2013

Finding Joy in the Journey

I don't know about you guys, but when I was 12, I wanted to be 16, and have a car, and go on dates, and be cool. And when I was 16, I wanted to be 18, with no curfew, going to college, and being on my own. And now, at almost 20 (how did that happen?) I wish I was four, with a designated time for napping and tons of coloring books.

I have been thinking about this a lot. And I realized that with more freedoms, comes more responsibilities. It sounds like a no-brainer, but it is crazy how true it is! Most of the time, it feels like there are ten times more responsibilities than there are freedoms. It is often easy for me to pout and whine about life, and bum around with a negative attitude. But I remembered this quote this week:






And how true it is! So I began to think of the blessings I have, and focused on the great things I got to do as an adult.


For example, this week, I had an assignment to make a pillowcase. It was frustrating, and I definitely stabbed my fingers with pins a few times, but at the end, I loved it!




Pretty dang cute, if I do say so myself. (the trim is supposed to be purple blackberries, in case you were wondering.)

I am still sick, and thought that I should make soup, so I did.





What is this deliciousness, you might ask?

This is my aunt Barb's Tomato Bisque. And it is delicious. I had some dough for rolls that I had frozen last week, so I got those ready, and had a pretty great meal!

So as frustrating and overwhelming as adulthood can be, there are so many wonderful things that come with it, such as developing talents in sewing and cooking wonderful food, or acing my Epidemiology test today. Whoop whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment