Sunday, August 12, 2012

McCall/Boise River/Shopping

I've had a crazy week. Seriously. Here is a basic rundown... (is rundown a word?)

Monday- Lots of packing. Babysat my adorable new cousin Zane (he is only 8 weeks!) and how awesome is he???

] 

Tuesday we left for McCall, only after 4 trips to Walmart. Sweet mercy. I drove with my dad, Madi, and Megan. It was fairly short at 2 1/2 hours, and it was amazing. Seriously. We got to Pilgrim Cove Camp in McCall, which is like a church camp with a big lodge where the staff feeds you, lots of cabins everywhere, and a dock with kayaks, paddle boats, canoes, and other fun stuff to hang out on the lake with... Here is the view from our cabin! 





Gorgeous huh? It was a little cloudy when I took the picture, but the rest of the trip was perfectly sunny. 

The reunion was great! It was with my Great Grandma Bessie Marshall(we just call her grandma great), her five children, and their children, and their children's children. I'm one of the oldest of her great grandchildren, and the first to have the Marshall last name. My grandpa (Gpa Marshall) is grandma great's first kid, and he had 8 kids, so his family takes about 50 of the 108 people there. It was so fun to see all of my family!\

 It was kind of sad that 2 of my favorite cousins were gone, but I think being gone on a mission is a great excuse for that. So I hung out with my cousins Lindsay, Cameron and Porter, who are my only first cousins that are 1) single and 2) college aged. So we had a great time! We played lots of card games, watched the Walking Dead, got milkshakes in McCall, and hung out at the lake a lot. I found out that I'm a pretty skilled paddle boater, even with psycho-crazy waves. I wish I had a picture to post, but that kinda failed to happen. Oh well. 

We took family pictures, ate lots of food, and just hung out. It was kind of a bummer that there were lots of wildfires going on, because we couldn't have any campfires at all. Not that I missed the smell all over my clothes. 

We left Friday morning, and had to take a longer route because the wildfires blocked off the main highway. It sucked. I also got a handful of mosquito bites, even with the use of bug spray everywhere. I got one on my ankle Tuesday night, and this is what it looked like Friday afternoon...

It was huge!!! And it still hurts. It is still swollen (it's Sunday). I can barely walk on it. This is what it is like to be allergic to mosquito bites.

When we got back to Nampa, some of my first cousins, aunts, and uncles decided to take us floating on the Boise River. 

BAD IDEA!!! We didn't get there til 6 because of traffic, so the water was freezing! Long story short, I hit my head a lot on trees, got tons of little leeches on me, scratched my back and butt a ton, and was freezing to death.  The only good thing that came out of it was that the river was so cold it helped my ankle's swelling go down just a little bit. I'm never doing it again!

Which leads to yesterday. Madison is going to high school,  so I took her school shopping. We did pretty awesome, if I do say so myself! We got a most of our stuff at American Eagle, which had a HUGE sale. I got a few things too, so it was great. My favorite thing that we got for Mad was this awesome bunny shirt! 

It is so cute on her. She couldn't wait to wear it everywhere! It was great.



We watched Olympics, and then I took her back to my dad's. I was pretty exhausted and tired from walking around the mall, and it made the swelling worse again. Not exactly the smartest thing I've done.


I also sent my 2 week notice in. August 25th is my last day at the waterpark!! Thank heavens. Life is getting pretty exciting!!! Sorry for the long post, there was simply so much to say. 





2 comments:

  1. leeches? seriously?? gross.
    that shirt IS way cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya! Leeches! I was pretty much crying. Scary!

    ReplyDelete