Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sad movie review... and a moment of gratitude

I'm just watched this horribly depressing movie, which I couldn't turn off. It's called Never Let Me Go, with Carey Mulligan, Andrew Garfield, and Keira Knightley. *Warning- it's rated R, but on tv they protect my virgin eyes:)* 

Anyway, it's set in an alternate 20th century, where in England, they have these private schools where they raise clones that will later become organ donors. It is pretty much terrible. But it is so intriguing!

It's a terrible concept, raising children like pigs to be slaughtered, but I just was wondering what I would do. You know?  I just wonder if I would be the same person, but I know I wouldn't be, because my experiences would have shaped me differently. But I would like to think that I would have been a rebel and that I would have run away. I'll never know, but that is definitely not something I regret not knowing. I guess I'm trying to say I'm grateful for the life I have been given, even though the challenges make me want to scream. I'm incredibly blessed to have the people I have in my life, the opportunities I have been given, and for a Heavenly Father that blesses me so much more than I could ever have deserved.

So that's it. Yay for a good life, even though I might not say the same thing next week... 65 hours at the waterpark.

No comments:

Post a Comment