Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Confession whatever number...

I didn't care to check. But this one is so true.

You can't put a price on a life, but I feel that my fife is EXPENSIVE!

Seriously. Here is a nice little list of what I've had to spend as of late, excluding stuff like going to BWW, eating at school, bobby pins, etc.

Tuition: $2000
Rent: $1100
Textbooks: $200 (not too bad this semester!)
Groceries: Probably $100 or so in the past two weeks, to get basics :(
New jeans, as another pair ripped: $40 :(
Birthdays (Why so many in April and May people??): $50
Misc hygiene  (Laundry detergent, toothbrushes, shampoo)- $100ish

The list continues. It's ridiculous! But I must admit, it is the beginning of the semester, so it will get better. It's just sad to have to write out these checks... :(

But to be positive, BYUI is wonderful in making higher education cheaper. The church pays for 75% of our tuition. That is such a blessing, as I know friends who have to pay 10 times what I have to. So I guess it isn't too bad. It is just expensive when you compare it to life as a high schooler, where expenses consisted of going to the movies on Fridays, getting Dutch Bros, and getting clothes.

However, with more expenses, come more fun. College is SOOOOOOO much better than high school. You meet friends who will be able to make you laugh harder than ever, have Arrested Development workouts with (where we have to do 10 pushups every time someone says "I've made a huge mistake, 20 crunches every time that Buster says "Hey brother!", etc.), and make ridiculous food together (two nights ago it was fried oreos... Surprisingly delicious!).

This life may kill my wallet, but this is life, and it's wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment