Thursday, May 24, 2012

J'ai dix neuf ans!!!!

Today was pretty dang fantastic, if I do say so myself.

I barely slept last night, as I kept getting text messages saying "Happy Birthday" and "You're old." Not bad, but woke me up several times. Laura called me at 8:30 to make sure she was the first to say it aloud, and she won! Love her. Went to my classes, which kinda sucked, because not a single person knew it was my birthday, even my friends from last semester. Oh well.

I got home a little after two p.m. and got my presents from Laura and Courtney and Brooke. Which were AWESOME! Laura got me a few shirts, candy, bread pans (which I desperately needed!), and wonderful hygiene stuff like my favorite soap. The girls surprised me with a bra that I really wanted (I debated saying this, but I'm 99% sure that there has never been a guy that has read this). I also got a call from Allyson, which was pretty awesome. So my day started to get better...

AND THEN (yes, I am making a reference to Dude, Where's My Car?) I took a long nap. I eventually got up at 5ish, and found my mirror decked out in post it notes saying "Happy Birthday!" with princess stuff from Elle. Love her! I ordered some pizza, and rented Pride and Prejudice from iTunes to watch later. Pretty much chilled out watching the Food Network with Alivia and Heather, making banana bread (In my new pans!), and talking to family. While the banana bread was baking, Elle and Makenna suddenly burst through the door with random strangers singing happy birthday with this beautiful thing:

How cute! It was delicious ice cream cake! It was pretty awesome. So we just ate it up as an apartment, and started to settle down. Alivia and I tried watching Pride and Prejudice, but it didn't work :( I can't get everything I want. AND THEN, Kyle and Alex called to sing to me! It was great. Kyle tried "convincing" me to come home for his farewell, and I totally convinced him that I couldn't! I'm so excited to see them Saturday.

Well, that's about it. I didn't have some spectacular party, or get asked out by some mega-hot guy, but I couldn't have asked for a better birthday. I spent my day with newer friends that care about me, and  all of my family and best friends called, and I get to go home tomorrow. Wooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment