Sunday, May 20, 2012

13x9

Well, today was pretty good. I went to church, skyped with Ney, and made food. Yummmmmm.

So, my family makes this chocolate cake. There aren't any eggs in it, which make it thick and dense, just perfect with milk. Anyway, it is home. You know? Your home has that feeling of peace, the smell of something in the oven, the feeling of a regularly vacuumed carpet, and slivers of grass by the door from the wiping of shoes. This cake is what home tastes like, because it will never be the same if anyone else but the family made it.  ANYWAY, I made it today, and it's totally bumming me out.

That's pretty much all that I had to say. Oh, other than the title: when I called Laura to get a recipe, she told me that if I wanted to make a smaller serving, I could cut the recipe in half where I would use an 8x8 pan versus a 13x9... "That's what we've been doing since you left." Which means "We only make half of a cake, because normally you would eat the other half." Go me.

1 comment: