Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What a wonderful Nampa.

Okay, so I had high expectations for this past weekend, and it went a 100% better than expected!! It was AMAZING!!!!

So, I got to Nampa Friday night, and surprised Kyle at his house. He was so excited! Then Alex, Kyle and I went to see The Avengers again. So funny! Kyle passed out halfway through the movie, and was snoring like CRAZY, and Alex ate the ENTIRE thing of popcorn. It was the huge tub, and he ate every last kernel. So ridiculous.  But I love my boys. They really are like the brothers I never had, and I already miss them.

Saturday was my day to hang out with Laura. We had lunch at Tucanos (SO GOOD!) and then went shopping at the mall. I love the Boise mall so much. The Idaho Falls one SUCKS. The American Eagle is about the same size as my room, and there is no food court. FAIL! After shopping, I just chilled out for a few hours... And then, I got to see ALLYSON!!!!! I frikken missed her. We went to Kyle's farewell party, and got to see lots of our younger, newly graduated friends. It was great! I really missed my Nampa friends. I love my friends here in Rexburg, but there is nothing like the people from back home. People are so down to earth, kind, and have a great sense of humor. People generally understand how life works. Anyway, we hung out at Kyle's for a few hours, and then went to my house to just have girl talk. It was so awesome to hang out with her! And of course, we got Dutch Bros. What would a trip home be without Dutch Bros???

Sunday was busy. I slept in, and went to Kyle's farewell talk in his ward. It was really bittersweet, because it was the last time I'm going to see him for at least a few years. I went to my ward afterward, if I can call it that. The day I left for school, the ward split, and so I LITERALLY only know 5 families. Not enough. And there is nobody my age, and none of my Sunbeams are in that ward anymore :( After church, I went to my dad's parents' house for a birthday party for myself and Madi, which was fun. After the Marshalls, I went to party at Ken's!!!! I just LOVE my freaking kids. I already miss them too, and I saw them less than 24 hours ago. Apparently, Lou doesn't like being called Lou anymore. "I'm ADELAIDE." Good to know.

After our fun little sleepover, we all went back to Laura's for a BBQ lunch. So good! We ate, played football, got a little tan, and laid out in the sun. It was great. Until I had to pack my stuff and come back to Rexburg. Which took longer than normal, I didn't get home til 10ish. And of course, I had to unload groceries, clean my room, do laundry, study, etc. Clean checks are today, so I had to get up early to finish cleaning. UGHH.

Well, that's about it. I loved going home, and I really can't wait til this semester is over!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment