Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cars

My first car was a 1997 Toyota Corolla. It was wonderful for the first few months. Larry was great. He took me to work and school every day. He was the setting for Dutch Bros. runs with my best friends, for picking up my sisters, and for crying sessions with Allyson. Larry was my car. However, he failed me in the end, and I had to say goodbye. But Larry taught me much of cars and responsibility.

The point of my little narrative is that I know a thing or two about dealing with cars on their sick days. Today, Makenna and I went to walmart... because we needed more cereal. And face masks. We got back to her car, and it wouldn't start. We called our friend Gavin to jump start it, but it wouldn't work. So, we had to tow it with Gavin's truck. Ken (that's Makenna's nickname) hadn't steered a car like that before, so I did it. It was so fun! We made a video of it, I'll post it when I can. We pushed the car, did intense steering, and got under the car. It was so much fun! Maybe it was just because it wasn't my car. When my car broke down, I would freak out. So ya.

I guess it was just a good experience because we had fun when we didn't have the best situation. We screamed and laughed the entire time. I learned a little bit about making the best of hard situations. I know that I'm probably not going to have that same feeling when I have trials in the future, but it is still a life lesson that I was able to get a little taste of. Go crappy cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment