Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fine

Today, I woke up late, went to my classes, flirted with a cute guy, and went home to watch Grey's Anatomy. I ordered pizza.  I watched several hours of it, until I took a 2 hour long nap. I've been doing nothing of worth since 3 pm. I talked to a friend, was asked how I was, and responded with, "I'm fine."

I've learned in life that "fine" has several meanings. "Dang, he is FINE!", "Fine, do what you want", "Chop this finely...", etc. But in regards to a state of being, "I'm fine" does not mean "I'm happy, content, good, whatever." It means, "No. I don't want to be here, and I'm not in a good mood."

Of course, being the humans that we are, we put on a mask of indifference as if we are invincible and without feeling. However, we all know this is the case. And we all know that "Fine" means "Don't ask." I was thinking about this, and how sad it is that we blatantly lie to one another, and don't show any sign of care, whether it is because we respect that they don't want to talk about life, or because we truly don't care. The word "fine" in this definition has a deeper, sadder meaning than most of us realize.

However, when I said "I'm fine", it wasn't necessarily because I was upset or annoyed, it's just one of those days. Where pizza can only do so much, and crying at people dying in a stupid tv show is essential to go on. Hold on: let me clarify: it isn't one of those weeks. Thank heavens.

So ya. Not my best day.

On a positive note, I got three things in the mail.

  1. A letter from Kyle!! Woo! Let me clarify this. Kyle is one of my 3 non-familial best friends. Love him to death, but sometimes I could probably strangle him. Anyway, the letter was hilarious. He drew a picture of a picture of his companion before the mission, with a huge head, tiny body, and super long hair. Pretty hilarious. It also talked about the good ole' times with Alex and Allyson, and that probably was where it got sad, because I doubt we will ever have times like those again.
  2. Shoes. I desperately needed new heels, and these were fairly cheap, but good quality. Just simple, black heels. More conservative than my last pairs, thank heavens.
  3. And lastly, my new swimming suit! It is adorable. I thought it came with tops and bottoms, but it was only the top. No worries, I have bottoms. But it is a coral-ish red, with rufflish stuff on the top. Cute!
That's it. Yay for blogging, and yay for ice cream in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment