Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chocolate and Bubble Baths

I'm one of those people who is tied between science and spirituality. Not in  the sense of doubting religion, but in the sense of the very little things. Like chocolate and bubble baths.

Chocolate was OBVIOUSLY an inspired creation. Seriously, I don't know how people like my sister go on with life without loving it. Anyway. This week has been one of those weeks. I've been in bed for three days wanting to die because of *cough* stomach aches. Being a girl can just suck. However, I have roommates that are very understanding of this "emotional" time. I've been given lots of chocolate for comfort. Dark chocolate from Alivia, plenty of Kit Kat bars from Makenna, and Milk chocolate Dove from Elle. Thank heavens. I've also taken plenty of showers and bubble baths, with my FANTASTIC bubble bath stuff from Bath & Body works. It's made of lavendar and chamomile, it's called "Sleep." And it is a well named product.

Anyway, the point of this is that these two things, bubble baths and chocolate, have made a huge difference. And I this is the debate. Why?

In the sense of science, the chocolate releases endorphins or whatever. Bubble baths probably do the same in cleaning yourself and the smells releasing endorphins. I'm not a professional in this matter, so ya.

In the spiritual/mental sense, it is the idea that it will help that helps. Or the fact that my roommates were nice enough to buy me comfort food that was helpful. Perhaps it is just the distraction.

I really don't know. All I know is that my chocolates and my bubble baths are miracle workers. I just thought it was funny. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment