Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Aveuz nombre cinq

Okay, So I decided I'm going to try to be better at blogging, so just looked up random ideas on Google...
Today's winner was where would I like to be in 10 years...
Dans dix ans, (In ten years)....

I would like to have my Master's degree in Physician Assisting. How will I get there?? The path I'm taking now is working toward The BYUI/Salus University 3-2 program. Normally, one would have to get their B.A. in four years, then another 2 years of a masters program, in which the second year would be clinical hours anywhere in the nation. With the 3-2 program, BYUI and Salus University will allow 4 students for now (they are hoping to raise it to 10 students) guaranteed spots out of 50 incoming students for the program per year. They cut out your fourth year of BYUI, and go to Salus for one year, and then get to do your clinical hours in Idaho, rather than in some random place. (Salus is in Pennsylvania, which scares me!) This five year program would count as both my B.A. and my masters. I have to do the pr-requisites the first two years, and then apply for the Paramedic program at BYUI to get my clinical hours before the Physician Assistant Program. I'm nervous, but super excited!

I would like to be fluent in French, and visit France, either studying abroad, or in traveling for fun. I found out that my great grandfather x5 translated the Book of Mormon for the first time into French, which is awesome!!! My dad kinda speaks it, and Brooke is learning right now. I love being able to understand such a beautiful language. It would be such an accomplishment!

And most importantly, I would like to start a family!! I'm in NOOOO rush whatsoever, but it is something that I eventually need and want to do. I pretty much have my wedding planned out, thanks to Pinterest. (Here's the link, just in case you care :D   http://pinterest.com/kalesm93/someday/ ) I would like to be married in the Portland, Oregon temple, as it holds very precious memories for me. I remember going there with my family for a reunion, and I can't remember a time where I was happier.

I would like to have children. At least one boy, and two girls. Not that I really get a choice. But it would be ideal. At least one boy, because I always wished to have a protective brother, and at least two girls, because there is no bond in the world like that of sisters. I want them to learn of the gospel, and know how important they are to their Heavenly Father and to their parents. I want them to be able to feel like they can do anything they want to, and to be happy in whatever their pursuits are. And I DEFINITELY want their friends to be jealous that their mom makes the best cookies in the world, and the cutest skirts.

Which leads me to my last mentioned goal of the million wishes of my heart; to be an AMAZING cook/seamstress!! I looove doing those things anyway, but I think it's important for me to progress on the things that could make my family happier. Happy wife, Happy LIFE!

I know these goals are somewhat simple compared to those who want to become the next president, or find the cure to cancer, or become an olympic champion, but these goals are for me to grow and to learn in a way that I can do as a member of my family-to-be, rather than just as one person. I just want my family to be happy, and for them to be happy for eternity.

Yay for goals!!!

Oh. P.S. I got to go to the Fireside with Elder Cook. It was AWESOME. Apostles are just great people. Nuff' said.

No comments:

Post a Comment